Baked Apple SmoothieRecipe type: Beverage, SmoothieAuthor:Prep time: 5 minsCook time: 5 minsTotal time: 10 minsServes: 1A healthy, satisfying smoothie fit for fall with baked apples, cinnamon and oats.Ingredients
- 1/4 cup low-fat plain OR vanilla yogurt (your preference)
- 1/4 cup low-fat cottage cheese
- 1 large apple, peeled, cored and sliced (I used granny smith)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup ice
- 1/3 cup water
- Large handful spinach (optional)
- Stevia or honey to taste (I used about 1/4 packet of stevia)Instructions
- Start by sauteeing your apple in a skillet over medium heat until soft (about 5 minutes). Stir frequently – a little butter or non-stick spray is optional but not necessary.
- Sprinkle 1/2 tsp of cinnamon on halfway through and stir to coat.
- Set apples aside and let cool to about room temperature.
- Add yogurt, cottage cheese, apple slices, 1/2 tsp cinnamon, ice, water, spinach (optional) and sweetener (optional but recommended) and blend until smooth.
- Taste and adjust flavor accordingly. (I like mine to keep a good balance of tart and sweet, but make it sweeter if you wish.)
- Serve immediately. Top with an extra slice of baked apple, granola or oats if desired.Serving size: 1 smoothie Calories: ~210 calories Fat: 2 g Saturated fat: 1 g Carbohydrates: 37 gSugar: 27 g Fiber: 5.3 g Protein: 12 gNotes
You could also leave your apple raw though it will take on a different flavor. still tasty no doubt, but different.
If you prefer a thicker smoothie, add more ice. If you prefer it thinner, add more water or throw your apples in while they’re still warm.